10 September 2011

Let me sink, you're hell to swim


Being a recent California expatriate myself, I generally roll my eyes at bands that sing nostalgic songs about the Golden State and its shores, but I decided to give these guys a chance and I recommend you do the same.


Dirty Gold is a three-piece "beach-wave" group of San Diego boys who just graduated high school this past June. After forming during the fall of their senior year, they signed with indie label Autumn Tone Records (home of Fleet Floxes' J. Tillman) and released the lovely ROAR EP this April. Clearly inspired by 60s beach pop, Dirty Gold takes the warm and sunny sounds of Afro-beats and xylophones and creates an inspired and charming sound that would have Brian Wilson smiling and tapping his toes. Another perfect album to play in these dwindling days of summer, the small offering of laid-back tracks promises great work from these new beach boys. Grab your wayfarers and relax:

California Sunrise - Dirty Gold by mimoore

Dirty Gold - Sea Hare by lamusicafresca

No comments:

Post a Comment